Our dreams of giving our children the gift of higher education should not get in the way of our dreams of successful retirement. Too often many focus only on retirement and forget to save for one of the biggest expense in our lifetime – college!
At Excel, we offer a comprehensive and complete solution to navigating the college application process. We can assist you in the following areas:
• Help student decide which colleges to apply that makes sense academically, socially, and financially.
• Provide your student the resources, timeline, checklist to stay on track throughout the college planning process.
• Inform you what assets are considered by the US Department of Education and the colleges when they calculate your Student Aid Index or Expected Family Contribution.
• Assist you in reducing your Student Aid Index or Expected Family Contribution so that you can maximize your student’s potential scholarships and grants from federal, state and the colleges to help reduce your overall out-of-pocket costs.
• Complete and submit the FAFSA and all other financial aid forms required by the colleges that student will apply to.
• Based on your Student Aid Index or Expected Family Contribution and potential out-of-pocket cost, we will build a financial plan on how to pay for college the most cost-efficient way possible that fits your family budget.
• We are with you until your student picks the college of his/her choice!